For the topping
➢ 1 cup thickened (whipping) cream
➢ 1 tablespoon strong espresso coffee
➢ 12 ounce jar of morello cherries
➢ 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
➢ 1/4 cup dark chocolate curls
➢ 1/4cup dark chocolate shavings
1. Preheat oven to 220 ° C . Place a sheet of baking paper on two large baking tray and 10 cm towers.
2. Separate the eggs with care not to contaminate the eggs white with egg yolk,
3. Beat the egg whites until stiff and add sugar slowly with vanilla extract, one tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form. Place your bowl upside down to ensure that the whites are stiff enough. If not, put one or two minutes, then check again.
4. Sift the cocoa powder into raw meringue and fold with care ensure you leave streaks of cocoa rather than fully incorporating it.
5. Shape the meringue in both rounds on baking paper / trays. Place the meringues in the oven and immediately turn the temperature of 120 degrees Celsius. Bake for 90 minutes turn off oven.
1. Drain the morello cherries into a colander with a bowl underneath it to catch the syrup. Give the cherries a shake to make sure the syrup drains out of them. You will want the cherries quite dry so give them a bit of time to drain.
2. Pour the cherry syrup in a saucepan over medium heat and reduce it down to honey like consistency (about 5-10 minutes). Put aside.
3. make the cream with the coffee, until stiff peaks. With a silicone spatula spread half of the cream on the meringue put cherries on the cream along with half of the chopped nuts. Sprinkle half of the chocolate chips over the meringue.
4. Place the top layer of meringue on the upper side. Spread the remaining cream on along with cherries, walnuts and chocolate chips. Garnished with chocolate shavings. Spray cherry syrup over the entire Pavlova.