2 c all-purpose flour
3/4 c butter chopped
1/2 c powdered sugar
1/4 c packed light brown sugar
1-2 Tbsp milk as needed
1 zest of a lemon
16 oz softened cream cheese ( 2 packages)
1/2 c granulated sugar
1 tsp lemon zest, grated
1 Tbsp lemon juice
20 ounce can(s) blueberry pie filling
OPTIONAL HOMEMADE BLUEBERRY FILLING
2 pt blueberries
1 c water
3/4 c sugar granulated
1/2 tsp lemon zest, grated
1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
1 dash(es) cinnamon
1. Optional homemade blueberry filling: Skip if using canned filling. Place water, sugar, cinnamon , lemon zest, and lemon juice in a saucepan with blueberries. Bring to a boil. Mix corn starch with 2 TBs water.until disolved Add to blueberry mixture. IStir constantly until mixture boils and filling has thickened. Remove from heat .Cool and Refrigerate.
2. Heat oven to 350 degree’s. Line a 9×13 inch pan with foil or parchment paper. Grease pan before lining. Spray or grease foil or parchment afterwards.
3. Place butter, flour, powdered sugar, brown sugar and lemon zest in food processor. Pulse until dough comes together. Empty in to a bowl. If it is really dry. Add 1 tablespoon of milk and knead with hands until a nice smooth ball forms.
4. Place dough in lined pan. Spread dough evenly with hands on bottom of pan and partly up the inside walls of pan. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are just starting to brown. Do not over bake. It will bake more later. Remove from oven. Set aside to cool.
5. In a bowl beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together until smooth. Beat in 1 egg at a time. Beat until egg are incorporated. Add the lemon juice, lemon zest. Beat until mixed in, and mixture is fluffy. Pour over crust.
6. Place spoonfuls of blueberry filling on top scattered. Run a knife through filling to swirl filing in. Do not hit crust with knife.
7. Place in oven and bake about 30- 40 minutes or until cake is not jiggly. Test with pick. Cooll and cut in to squares and Refrigerate. You may top with more blueberry filling if desired. This is designed to be a hand held cookie dessert.