For the rolls:
- 12 leaves cabbage
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
For the sauce:
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Boil cabbage leaves for 2 minutes. Whisk together tomato sauce, honey, spices, lemon juice, ketchup, the salt and pepper, and Worcestershire sauce.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, garlic, and ground turkey. Add in 1/4 of the sauce and combine well.
- Scoop about 1/4 cup of the rgound turkey mix into the center of each cabbage roll. Roll up the leaves, tucking in the ends. Top with tomato sauce and cover.
- Cook on low for 8 to 9 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.