Prep Time 15 min
Cook Time 26 min
• 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 4 cups mixed mushrooms (oyster, porcini, portabella, brow, white), sliced
• 2 shallots, chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 1½ cups Arborio rice, rinsed
• ½ cup dry white wine
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 6 cups warm vegetable broth
• 2 tablespoons almond butter
• 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped finely
Wild Rice Salad with Roasted Vegetables and Lemon-Tahini Dressing
Chopped Vegetable Salad with Lemon-Garlic Dressing
Roasted Root Vegetable and Wheat Berry Salad
1. In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium-high heat.
2. Add mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes or till soft.
3. Transfer the mushroom with any liquid into a large bowl.
4. In the same pan, heat remaining oil on medium-low heat.
5. Add shallots and sauté for about 1 minute.
6. Stir in rice and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes.
7. Pour ½ cup of warm broth and cook, stirring till absorbed.
8. Pour remaining broth, adding ½ cup one time for about 15-20 minutes or till all the liquid is absorbed.
9. Stir in almond butter, salt, black pepper and cooked mushroom and immediately remove from heat.
10. Serve with the garnishing of cilantro.